Sunday 28 April 2013

A lost mouse..

After stumbling across a post on mumsnet regarding a Maileg mouse that a little girl had lost. I really wanted to help... After reading all of the posts I'm hoping that the mouse shown here is the same as the one the little girl has lost, if so I would be delighted to send it to her.

I must admit that the picture is rather bad, but I have only just returned from hunting in the stock room and I wanted to get a picture of it straight away, so I used my iPad. I was actually really pleased as I thought we had sold out of this design but was not sure, so you can image my delight when I found it.

I have posted a message on mumsnet and hopefully the lady will get in touch, if so I will continue this post and let you know more about this story.

XFaye

P.s. Just added a stock photograph, as that is a little better.


Update...
The lovely mother of the little girl who lost her mouse ( whilst on holiday in France last year) has thankfully seen the message I had posted on Mumsnet and got in touch with me earlier this week.

Lots of other wonderful ladies had replied to her messages prior to mine, either trying to find a mouse themselves or being very thoughtful and sending a post card from the mouse aka Matilda mouse to the little girl. Postcards have been sent from various parts of the world. Each one giving the little girl a glimmer of hope and excitement that her long lost mouse would return home soon.

The mouse pictured below is indeed the same as the little lost Matilda mouse. So you can imaging my delight in being able to add the final part in the search. Sara, the little girls mummy has been trying endlessly to find the mouse and was getting very worried that she would never get chance to get hold of one. This particular mouse was released a few years ago and as with all Maileg designs, stock is limited and once it's gone they very rarely remake the design. Sara had contacted Maileg companies all over the world, yet no mice were left in the correct design.

It's really strange as I had just put the mouse to one side one day and had then completely forgotten about her. In a box full of various maileg stock little mouse had remained, forgotten until I read this post. Then the other morning while walking my daughter to school, I told her the story of the missing mouse, describing which mouse it was (the mice are my daughters favourite characters so she knows them well). Before I had chance to tell her that I had the correct mouse she replied that she felt very sorry for the little girl and thought it was horrid that her mouse was missing, she then offered to send the little girl her own brown mouse, as she thought this would make the little girl happy again... My heart really did burst with pride. Even when I said I had the correct mouse, my daughter still offered to send her mouse in replacement, but I kindly declined as I know she loves her mouse too.

The great news is, little mouse is on her way to her new home as I type. Any day now it will be delivered and one little girl and her mother will be so, so happy.


XFaye







9 comments:

  1. So beautiful...kindness in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely story. Bless your kind heart. It really seems she was saved for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really very interesting and very valuable information about the maileg nice blog.

    maileg mice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative article which is about the change home address and i must bookmark it, keep posting interesting articles.
    change home address

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get many information about the Send video mail and i appreciate your work.
    Send video mail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog have allot of detail about the mailing lists for sale it's good job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was an extremely wonderful post. Thanks for providing this info. Leather Pea Coat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi , Thank you so much for writing such an informational blog. If you are Searching for latest Jackets, Coats and Vests, for more info click on given link-Harley Davidson Denim Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog was very nicely formatted; it maintained a flow from the first word to the last. Knight Rider David Hasselhoff Jacket

    ReplyDelete